Job Title: Athletic Trainer
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO Category: Professional
Position Summary: Provide Athletic Training Services to student athletes under the direction of the Athletic Training staff in accordance with state athletic training practices.
- Treat athletic injuries including prevention, assessment, treatment and reconditioning
- Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide forms as appropriate
- Conduct an initial assessment of an athlete's injury or illness in order to provide emergency or continued care, and to determine whether they should be referred to physicians for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
- Assist with athletic training covering multiple sports with athletes ranging from 13-19 years old.
- Apply protective or injury preventive devices such as tape, bandages, or braces to body parts such as ankles, fingers, or wrists.
- Assess and report the progress of recovering athletes to coaches and physicians.
- Collaborate with physicians in order to develop and implement comprehensive rehabilitation programs for athletic injuries.
- Evaluate athletes' readiness to play, and provide participation clearances when necessary and warranted.
- Responsible for following all HIPPA regulations and guidelines
- Responsible for following all OSHA guidelines
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
Other duties as assigned