Job Title: Assistant Staff Accountant
FLSA Status: Hourly
Position Summary: Assists with accounting functions generally in the area of fixed assets and cash management providing assistance to department manager & controller.
- Assist with fixed asset physical tracking/tagging system.
- Performing periodic reviews and checks on fixed asset existence.
- Assist with status of fixed asset projects and their progress. Working with operations staff and other finance team members to determine when such purchases and projects are complete, ensuring all costs are accurately captured and recorded, and projects are placed into service at the proper time.
- Fixed asset reporting to various members of the accounting, finance and senior management groups.
- Assist with the preparation and reconciliation of daily deposit activity from a variety of different sources. Follow up on deposit over/short discrepancies with appropriate personnel.
- Audit and reconcile Academy petty cash funds. Conduct periodic audits of point-of-sale cash drawers and verify balances. Balance and reconcile the Student Bank cash drawer.
- Process miscellaneous check payments.
- Post and reconcile incoming wire transfers and ACH payments received. Apply manual outgoing wire/check payments to clear vendor accounts in SAP.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting as necessary and support in the month end close process, including various account reconciliations.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
- Other duties as assigned.