Job Title: Campus Safety Officer, FT Temporary
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Department: Campus Safety
Position Summary: Work with a team of other Campus Safety Officers in providing a safe and secure environment for IMG students, employees and visitors
- Arrive on time and in uniform before the start of their shift.
- Attend a daily briefing before the start of each shift.
- Maintain a Campus Safety post as assigned
- Interview all persons on IMG property that are not known to the Officer
- Screen all vehicles and persons attempting to enter IMG property and allow only authorized vehicles/persons entry onto the campus
- Conduct patrols for up to 8 hours to insure all property is secure, no unsafe conditions exist, no unauthorized persons are on property and all maintenance needs are reported.
- Log all unusual incidents in the Daily Logbook
- Work closely with other IMG Departments to ensure all IMG goals are meet
- Monitoring student departure of the campus to ensure accountability
- Collaborate with Student Services on curfew rules with students
- Detect unauthorized acts by students, employees and visitors
- Keeping all Campus Safety posts clean and orderly
- Picking up all trash/debris on campus grounds
- Develop positive relationships with all IMG employees
- Report any known child endangerment or abuse
- Know, own and support all Campus Safety and IMG policies and procedures
- Develop new procedures to streamline processes.
- Identify defects in current procedures and provide applicable solutions.
- Receive, conduct investigations and complete incident reports about;
- Missing property
- Criminal acts
- Security/Safety violations
- Respond to all types of emergencies and other security related calls.
- Be placed on stand-by status or recalled into work during emergency or weather related situations. May need to be housed on campus for several days.
- Perform first aid/CPR if needed. Use an AED
- Any other duty assigned