Job Title: Massage Therapist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Wellness Spa
Position Summary: Provide massage services to guests.
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
- Assess clients' soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
- Confer with clients about their medical histories and any problems with stress and/or pain in order to determine whether massage would be helpful.
- Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used.
- Massage and knead the muscles and soft tissues of the human body in order to provide courses of treatment for medical conditions and injuries or wellness maintenance.
- Prepare and blend oils, and apply the blends to clients' skin.
- Consult with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians and psychologists in order to develop treatment plans for clients.
- Maintain treatment records.
- Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement, and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises.
- Refer clients to other types of therapists when necessary.
- Use complementary aids, such as infrared lamps, wet compresses, ice, and whirlpool baths in order to promote clients' recovery, relaxation and well-being.