Job Title: Cook
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Department: Food and Beverage
Position Summary: Responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the junior and adult cafeteria and other areas of the kitchen
- Prepping ingredients for consumption
- Sets up station according to Academy guidelines.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the chef.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station practicing good safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Is friendly, positive, helpful and team-oriented; show respect for all team members and guests; are willing to learn new skills to help the store, the team and themselves
- Reports to work for all shifts on time; leave and return to work on time from all meals and breaks
- Monitor and record temperature-sensitive food items as outlined
- Comply with established dress and uniform guidelines; following personal grooming, hand washing and hygiene procedures.
- Keep food prep and offstage food areas neat, clean, well organized and visually appealing to guests
- Follow cleaning and sanitation guides to meet all food safety and brand standards
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned