Job Title: Learning Resource Center, Teacher
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: IMG Academics
Position Summary: Core content curriculum implementation and lesson delivery in the classroom, with an emphasis on learning the English language.
- Responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, physical and psychological growth.
- Manage caseload of up to 30 students
- Ability to read and evaluate neuro-psychological evaluations
- Test proctoringAdheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Update and maintain all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Participates in department and school meetings, parent meetings
- Communicates necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Keeps up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities