Job Title: Accommodations (Housekeeping) Staff
$ COMPETITIVE RATES $
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
EEO Category: Service Workers (10)
Position Summary: Responsible for housekeeping, general maintenance, laundry operations and cleanliness levels in all areas of the property.
- Clean rooms (dorms, apartments), hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Provide internal and external customers with quality service in a timely and friendly manner.
- Deep cleaning of assigned areas.
- Replacing bed linens and replenishing guest room supplies
- Move and arrange furniture, turn mattresses.
- Cleans the bathrooms and take out the garbage
- Clean and sanitizes floors, walls, windows and furniture.
- Sweep, scrub, wax or polish floors using brooms, mops or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Determines the appropriate chemical solutions for cleaning and disinfection
- Uses universal precaution processes in the cleaning and disposal of biohazard waste.
- Identifies areas that need repair and notifies the proper person
- Assists in the laundry with the washing, drying and re-distribution as needed.
- Sorts laundry
- Load and unloads washer and dryer
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 1 year of progressive work experience
- Must be 18 years old
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and practices
- Knowledge of cleansers, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of universal precautions
- Knowledge of emergency procedures, cleaning methods, materials and equipment
- Knowledge of infection control standards
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular and consistent basis
- Position requires walking and following direction most of the working day
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and inspection tasks.
- Must be able to climb stairs on a continuous basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must be able to operate office equipment such as computers
- Ability to work rotational schedules, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer