Job Title: Accounts Payable Assistant
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Position Summary: Assists with accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger and accounts payable; ensures accuracy and timeliness of processing payables.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies regarding the accounts payable function to ensure adherence to company guidelines and internal controls.
- Provides accounting assistance to Directors, Managers and Staff. Responds to financial questions and concerns to meet business needs in the accounts payable area. Research accounts payable issues with various department personnel and review/address their concerns.
- Assist with processing vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
- Assist with various company credit card programs, including reconcilement and coding of American Express corporate purchasing card charges online. Assist with PNC PayCard program where necessary.
- Ability to interact with vendors including the processing of student refunds and credits; assist vendors with questions, credit applications, resale tax certificates, payment status and account reconciliations.
- Month end activities including self assessed sales/use tax and various account reconciliations, journal entries, private lesson, reconcile stale dated checks, send notifications, review vendor files, review payable account for duplicate payments, process void/lost checks.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
- Review emails and AccountsPayable@img.com emails for invoices and problem solving.
- Maintenance of vendor profile.
- Familiarity with processing 1099 and 1042S forms at year end; also familiarity with W-9 forms, B-Notices, 942, and W-8 forms.
- Experience with GAAP and IRS regulations for reimbursements, international payments and taxes.
- Create new vendor numbers for vendors, contractors and employees
- Assist with staff training on accounts payable procedures, policies and practices where necessary.
- Reconcile SMS accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.